I’ve already gotten a bunch of compliments on this at work so I think it’s time for me to post it so you can get some too! There’s a lot of safety pin jewelry out there, but what I like about this one is the combination of the smaller safety pins, them being gold, and the added pearls that make this necklace look more delicate and feminine than others. Anyway, I’m absolutely in love with it and it was a quick DIY as well! Look below for the tutorial and photos! (The top pearl necklace is not part of this one, but I made it to be wore with it. I’ll have a tutorial up for that one soon as well!)
- Safety pins
- Pearls (or another kind of bead)
- Necklace closure
- Jump rings
1) First load as many safety pins as you want with pearls. My safety pins pit 4 pearls each.
2) Make the base of your necklace. Chain + necklace closure + jump ring as usual.
3) Attach a jump ring to a safety pin and then to the necklace.
4) Repeat alternating plain safety pins and those with pearls. Each of mine were 5 chain links apart.