So I’ve seen quite a bit of jewelry made from things from the hardware store. Two of those being bracelets made from door hinges (which I’ve actually DIY-ed myself, you’ll see them soon), but I thought, why haven’t I seen a necklace using a door hinge? And maybe it’s already been done, but I haven’t seen it yet! Look below for the tutorial!
- Various chains
- Jump rings
- Necklace closure (optional)
- Door hinge
1) First start out by choosing the chains you’re going to hang from the bottom. You can choose as many or as little as you’d like, I decided on using three.
2) Cut all the chains to the lengths you’d like.
3) Take a jump ring and gather one side of all of the chains and attach to one hole in the door hinge.
4) Repeat with the other side.
5) Next decide how long you want the necklace to be, cut a chain that length.
6) Attach each side of the chain to each side of the door hinge.
7) Optional: Add a necklace closure and jump ring to each side of the chain. I skipped this step since the necklace is long enough to just fit over my head.