This DIY is very similar to the collar necklace I made a few posts ago. It does look a little like a collar also…but it’s not! It’s a bowtie I swear! Anyway, this tutorial is a little trickier than the collar, but it’s still really easy! Look below! (And don’t forget to send me a photo at email@example.com if you try one of my projects! I’d love to see your version and it’ll go up on the Facebook page!)
- 6 Jewelry eye pins
- Jump rings
- Pliers (round nose)
- Beads (any color)
1) Put your beads onto your eye pins (use as many beads as you want)
2) Trim excess off if you have it.
3) Use your pliers to form a loop at the end of each eye pin.
4) Lay your eye pins out in the bow shape.
5) Use your jump rings to connect all of the corners and center.
6) Use the top two jump rings to attach the chain to.
7) Find the center of the chain and open to attach the necklace clasp and loop.
Done! You can use any color beads/metals that you want. I chose to keep everything gold, but I want to try it with some color beads soon!
Hm. I think I’ll also replace this photo soon…it didn’t come out well at all. Oh that reminds me-the hurricane is here/on its way, so we might lose our power again (we did last year), in which case you might not hear from me for a while! However, I’ll have plenty of time to work on projects since we might be trapped here for a while..best of luck to everyone dealing with the hurricane!