DIY Lace Bracelets
So I was given a whole bunch of vintage lace trims by my grandma a while ago and I’ve been looking for things to do with them. Then I came up with this! Lace bracelets! Or bangles. or cuffs. Whichever you prefer. And this doesn’t just work with lace, it’ll work with other types of trims as well. I tried one with an embroidered trim, but it didn’t stiffen as well as the laces did. Anyway! Look below for my tutorial!
- Lace trim
- Plastic cup or other container
- A can (or another round object)
- Glue (I used some craft glue)
1) Choose your lace trims and cut to fit. (Make sure they’ll fit over your hand like a bangle.)
2) Pour the starch into your container. (I didn’t mix with any water.)
3) Soak the trims in the starch and squeeze out extra.
4) Wrap around your can.
5) Remove once completely dry.
6) Glue the ends together.
7) Let dry and wear!