How awesome is this fringe necklace? And it’s super easy too! I got the fringe from M&J Trimming during my last trip to NYC. They have a bunch of DIY projects on their blog as well. Look below for my tutorial!
- Necklace closure
1) Cut your strip of fringe to the desired length (account for a bit extra at each side that will be sewed over).
2) Fold over a bit on each side and sew, just like you’re hemming it. This way it won’t fray or come apart later.
3) Choose the length of your chain (I showed 3 different lengths in the photo gallery above).
4) Attach necklace closure.
5) Place your fringe in the middle of your chain and get ready to sew!
6) All you have to do is sew through the top of the fringe and around each chain link. (You can do this as little or as many times as you’d like, it’s a bit time consuming.)
7) Repeat all the way until the end, knot it, and you’re done!