So I always seem to have a ton of craft supplies and such laying around my room in ugly boxes, so I thought, why not make some containers that not only hold my things, but make them look cute too? So I went to my local Payless and got some boxes from them (I told them I was working on a project and they held some for me). Apparently a lot of people don’t take their shoeboxes with them when they buy shoes? That seems really strange to me. Unless you came in barefoot and you’re planning on wearing your new shoes out-you should probably take the box with you. Why wouldn’t you want your new shoes to stay all nice in the box? Well, look below for my tutorial!
- Pretty paper (I used some scrapbook paper I picked up from Joanne’s. You could use wallpaper or construction paper, whatever floats your boat!)
- Spray paint
- Glue (I used mod podge)
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Ruler (optional)
- Tape (optional)
1) Get your boxes!
2) Spray paint your box lids so they can dry while you work on the rest of the project.
3) Measure out and cut your paper for each box: front, back, and sides. (It doesn’t have to be perfect, especially at the top since the lid will cover it.)
4) Optional: Measure out small pieces of paper (I just used some white printer paper) to fit the height of each box. You’ll need these so the colors of the boxes don’t show through on the corners if your measuring wasn’t perfect (which mine was not at all).
5) Optional: Attach the small pieces of paper around each corner of your boxes using your tape (see photos).
6) Spread glue on a side of your box and press your paper onto it.
7) Repeat with all sides of all boxes.
8) When your lids are completely dry, put them on your boxes and you’re done!
I ran out of spray paint before I could finish all the boxes and haven’t gotten any more yet, that’s why they’re not all finished! But I love these boxes so much! I love how well they match my room so they just sort of blend in. :)