So I’ve been seeing all these jewelry pieces lately that involve bullet casings. Most of them have some sort of stone or something inside, so I thought up these easy DIY straw earrings! Look below for the tutorial!
- Gold metallic paint (spray paint would work best)
- Paint color of your choice
- Small rocks
- Average glue (I used tacky glue)
- Strong glue
- Earring blanks
1) Cut straws to the size you’d like.
2) Paint straws.
1 and 2 can be done in either order.
3) Paint small rocks your choice of color
4) Optional: Dab with gold paint.
5) Use the average glue to glue your rocks into your straws.
6) Use again to glue the straws together.
7) Once dry, glue everything to your earring blanks.
A few notes on my experience:
- Some of the rocks I chose did not fit in the straws so it caused the straws to deform a little.
- I used acrylic paint that did not adhere to the straws which is one there is some imperfections on mine. I’m assuming spray paint will work better.
- You may want to use the strong glue to attach the straws together to be sure they don’t detach later on.
- I sort of made a mess with all of my glue! Don’t take after me!