So as you might have already seen, I did a tutorial similar to this one, based on this same necklace. You can find that post here if you’d like. Here I decided to do a more resembling necklace since I have finally gotten gold paint! Ironic, since the color is just about the only thing that’s off about these two necklaces! The Urban Outfitters one is more bronze than I though. Anyway, look below for the tutorial!
- Cardboard (plastic, or wood)
- Gold (or bronze) metallic paint
- Glue (I used tacky glue, might not be strong enough though)
- Strong glue
- Jewelry eye pins
1) Create the triangle shape you’d like using a pencil.
2) Once you’re satisfied, cut it out.
3) Trace your triangle on the cardboard two more times.
4) Cut those out.
5) Paint your triangles, front and sides at least. (I skipped the backs this time around.)
6) Let dry.
7) Glue the triangles to each other, one at a time.
If you want the loops at the top like mine, continue below. If you want holes in yours, click here to refer to step 6 on this tutorial.
8) Glue the eye pins diagonally on the back corners of your top triangle using your strong glue.
9) Let dry.
10) Attach your chain to each side and your necklace closure.