Well, I was in my room staring at a bag of ribbons and wondering what I could do. So here we have some studded bows that can be used for just about anything! Rings, necklaces, bracelets, headbands, hair clips-you name it! Look below for the tutorial!
- Tape (I used tape from an old letraset, similar to electrical tape)
- Anything you want to put the finished bows on!
1) Take the end of your uncut ribbon and put a piece of tape facing out.
2) Stick the tape onto the ribbon making a loop (see photos, it’s a bit hard to describe).
3) Pitch the center of the ribbon so that it makes the bow shape (you may have to do it a few times until you get it just right).
4) Carefully, to not mess up the pitched part, wrap your tape around the pitched part until you feel that it’s secure.
5) Trim the excess ribbon inside the bow on a diagonal so that it won’t fray (again, see photos).
6) Attach your stud by wrapping the prongs around the pinched center of the bow.
7) Ta da! Now glue or sew to anything you’d like!
I didn’t actually attach mine to anything yet because I haven’t decided what I want to use them for, but I took pictures of what a ring or headband would look like.
If you don’t have studs you could always use buttons, sequins, etc. and glue them to the center of your bow!