We’ve all seen the lace earrings (I’ll be sharing my version I made a a few months ago soon!) and most of us have seen the lace necklaces! Here’s my take on the lace necklace and making it a little different with some purple ombre! It doesn’t fade quite as well as I wanted it to, but I’m still super happy with how it turned out! Look below for the tutorial!
The Inspiration (Click for links)
Clockwise from top:
- Dye (I used Rit Powder Dye)
- Plastic cup (or something similar)
- Jump rings
- Necklace closure
1) Choose lace, cut out of larger piece if necessary.
2) Prepare dye using directions on package.
- To ombre, start your lace in about 2/3 of the way.
- Once it’s the color you like, move out of water so that only 1/3 is submerged.
- Once satisfied with the colors, remove from dye and follow directions again.
3) Let dry.
4) Attach jump rings.
5) Attach chain and necklace closure.