I thought this necklace by Laura Lombardi (for $115!) would make a great DIY! If you follow my blog then you’ve already seen my ring based off of this design. If you haven’t seen it, you can find it here. Look below for my tutorial for this necklace!
- Wooden rods
- Gold metallic paint
- Craft glue (I used tacky glue)
- Strong glue
- Paint brushes
- Masking tape
- Jewelry eye pins
- Necklace closure
- Wax paper
1) Arrange your rods in the formation you’d like. (Trim any if necessary.)
2) Use the masking tape to tape them together.
3) Carefully peel up the masking tape.
5) Cut a cardboard square to fit the back of the pendant.
6) Spread craft glue on the untaped side using a paint brush and apply the piece of cardboard to the back.
7) Use a piece of wax paper to cover the glued side and place a heavy book on top.
8) Wait to dry completely.
9) Carefully remove the masking tape.
10) Paint the unglued side with the gold metallic paint.
11) Trim the jewelry eye pins and tape in place.
12) Glue the eye pins using the strong glue.
13) Attach chain and necklace closure.