Here’s a tutorial on how to make your own unique lace shell necklace!
- Lace trim (I wouldn’t choose a think lace because it’ll soak up all the glue)
- Jewelry eye pins
- Necklace closure
- Round nose pliers (optional depending on eye pins)
- Paint color of your choice
- Gloss paint (optional)
- Mod Podge (or another glue like it)
- Paint brushes
1) Paint your seashell (mine took a few coats)
2) Glue on your lace trim as flat as you can. (To do this I held each end of the lace tight with one hand while I glued with the other.)
3) Optional: Add the gold paint on the shell edges (I added this because I had finally just gotten gold paint and wanted to use more of it!)
4) Optional: Paint over the shell with gloss paint for an extra shine and more durability.
5) If your jewelry eye pins are not large enough to have your chain go through, make larger loops.
6) Place your eye pins on the back of your shell and glue (I used a hot glue gun. See gallery photos for exactly how I glued them.)
7) Trim your chain to the length you’d like.
8) Feed the chain through the two eye pin loops.
9) Attack necklace closures at each end.
I really love the way this necklace came out! I’m going to have to make more of these with different color shells and different laces!